Ayo Akenroye, Ph.D.(c)
Ayo is a recognized international law expert, with a specialty in criminal law, international criminal law, and human rights law.
Ayo practices in all areas of criminal defence and associated areas of work including fraud, drugs, violence and public disorder, sexual offences, confiscation and enforcement, licensing and regulatory offences, extradition, inquests and public and administrative law. He defends both individuals and corporations charged with regulatory and criminal offences at the trial and appellate level.
Ayo is a frequent lecturer. He was an Adjunct Professor at University of Winnipeg where he taught a Human Rights course in the Masters of Development Practice Program. He also taught courses at McGill University.
Ayo is a sought after speaker at international conferences in the area of criminal law and international criminal law.
Ayo has argued at different levels of courts in Canada and Nigeria.
Ayo has expertise in all areas of international criminal law and provide representation in trials of genocide, crimes against humanity and other war crimes before international, internationalised and national courts. Ayo also undertakes a wide variety of consultancy in this field.
– Ontario, 2015
– Manitoba, 2013
– Nigeria, 2008
- Ph.D. in International Criminal Law – McGill University, Canada (in view 2017)
- Master of Laws (LL.M.) – University of Manitoba, Canada, 2011
- Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.) – Obafemi Awolowo University, Nigeria, 2007
- 2011 – 15 Graduate Excellence Scholarship (for PhD), McGill University
- 2011 Dubienski Scholarship, University of Manitoba, Canada.
- 2009 Judge Samuel Freedman Fellowship, University of Manitoba, Canada
- 2009 Sir Adalsteinn Fridrikson Kristjansson Fellowship, University of Manitoba, Canada
- 2009 International Graduate Student Scholarship, University of Manitoba, Canada
- 2008 Best Student Prize in Criminal Procedure out of 5,270 Candidates of the Nigerian Law School
- Criminal Lawyers’ Association
- The Halton County Law Association
- Law Society of Upper Canada
- Law Society of Manitoba
- Ontario Bar Association
- Canadian Bar Association
- International Criminal Court Bar Association (Associate Member).
- American Society of International Law
- International Lawyers Association
- E: email@example.com
- C: (416) 274-8919